We’re talking about blogging at the moment. We’re pretty impressed that the wordpress service (and others like it) is free. Here are some great ideas from today’s participants about how museums might use blogs.
Blogging for museums is good for:
- adding a personal touch – making it real to people
- generating feedback and interaction with your audiences
- keeping your information more lively and up to the minute (if your website is cumbersome to update
- promoting specific events or exhibitions and creating ‘buzz’
- featuring guest bloggers – maybe experts on the topic of your exhibition, a visiting artist, children’s work from the education programme.
Attending the workshop: Karen and Karen from Taupo Museum, Pip, Fiona from Tauranga Heritage Collection, Irene from the Sir James Fletcher Kawerau Museum, Toni from Massey University, Kathy from Tauranga Art Gallery, and Rangipai and Kay from Whakatane Museum.